If you are using xampp and cannot import your database with the following error,
No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration
You probably need to adjust the maximum allowed size limit for uploading your database/files.
Here’s what you need to do.
1. Go to php folder under your Xampp source, mine is: D:\xampp\php
2. find php.ini (configuration settings)
3. Search for upload_max_filesize = 2M
4. Change the file size limit depends on how large is your database.
5. Restart your local server and try to import again.