Hi, just incase you missed this, google is proving a starter guide for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to improve their sites’ interaction with both users and search engines.
Although this guide won’t tell you any secrets that’ll automatically rank your site first for queries in Google, following the best practices outlined below will make it easier for search engines to crawl, index and understand your content.
Download officially from google: https://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
- Create unique, accurate page titles
- Make use of the “description” meta tag
Improving Site Structure
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better anchor text
- Optimize your use of images
- Use heading tags appropriately
Dealing with Crawlers
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
SEO for Mobile Phones
- Notify Google of mobile sites
- Guide mobile users accurately
Promotions and Analysis
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools
What are the Benefits using this tool:
Allows you set set the paths for – Forum URL, Forum Directory, Sources Directory, Attachment Directory, Avatar URL, Avatar Directory, Smileys URL, Smileys Directory, Default Theme URL, Default Theme Images URL, and Default Theme Directory and Custom Theme Directories. This tool also allows you to fix your database such as MySQL server address, MySQL database name, MySQL username, MySQL password, and MySQL table prefix.
1. Download repair_settings.php
2. Upload it to your forum, putting it in the same directory as your settings.php file
3. Navigate to your browser and point it to http://mydomain.com/repair_settings.php
You should see something like below:
4. This script allows you to change the most important settings such as MySQL information, file paths and urls, and can be used when SMF is not working at all. That is what it is mostly used for: repairing your SMF enough so that an admin user can login and fix any other problems.
5. Once you have finished updating, click save settings.
6. Remember to delete the file. If you do not delete the file, you will leave your forum vulnerable!
This is recommended if you’re not going to use database in specific pages.
1. Create page view in /App/View/Pages/mypage.ctp
2. Copy the following codes to /App/Config/routes.php
Router::connect('/mypage', array('controller' => 'pages', 'action' => 'display', 'mypage''));
Note: Just make sure the name of your page view from /App/View/Pages/mypage.ctp is exactly the same name above from the code given.
Now you can call your page like this: www.yourdomain.com/mypage